What's New in AniTa for the WEB
The current version of AniTa for the Web is 184.108.40.206
This page lists the important enhancements.
Important changes since 2.4
- Optional menu bar
- SSH with RSA and DSA keypair generation
when a trigger string of characters are received from the host.
- New macro %url% will open a web page. Many options.
- Look and feel updates.
Important changes since 220.127.116.11
- A configurable timer (default 500 ms) now delays the closing of the print
spooler between jobs so that a new printing sequence from the host is included
in the ongoing print job. Also supported are sequence codes to set page
orientation, lines per inch and narrow font settings from the host.
- Support for AniTa Command Language (ACL) verbs:
- Support for the file transfer protocol "toanita". Use it for easy
transfer of files from Host to PC.
- Support for Mouse Wheel.
- Support for additional character sets:
Cyrillic ISO 8859-5
Greek, ISO 8859-7
South European charset ISO 8859-3
Important changes since 1.1
- Support of the much faster Java 1.4
- New escape sequences to improve integration with customer's applications
- New Programmer's Guide
- Improved cursor functionality - blinking - programmatically turn on/off
- Supports hidden automatic login
- Mouse support for copy and paste
Since the last major release: 18.104.22.168
- The screen font size can now be changed by dragging the window's
edge or corner. When the user stops dragging the window, the emulator will select
the largest possible font size that will fit into the window, and then
adjust the window size accordingly.
- Supports pass-through terminal printing. Print output can be sent from
the host application, via AniTa, to the client's printer. Printers can be local,
connected to the AniTa workstation, or remote, connected via a network. Screen dump printing can be initiated by either the user or the host. Printing can be in color or black-and-white.
- Supports more languages - currently Swedish, Portuguese, Dutch, German
and Spanish. AniTa can be customized for any other language.
- Better support of international character keys has been provided; noticeably when running Gnome and "English" KDE.
- Simplified and improved installation on Linux / UNIX platforms. An install script is now provided to create the janita and janitaconfig startup scripts. Icons are provided for user's to use when adding AniTa to their desktop.
- The configuration program can be started via a button from the emulator
when running as an Application.
- Appearance and functionality of the configuration program has
been improved; especially for non-Windows platforms.
- Title bar configuration added.
© Copyright 2004-2020
||by April System Design